Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Treasure Hunt

This past weekend was spent with me, myself and I! I had a wonderful time on Saturday at the Martinez peddlers fair. Many local artists and antique dealers selling their wears, furniture, jewelry, etc. I found some wonderful vintage jewelry pendants and such that I will create into unique jewelry designs. You will see them soon on my website. www.dolliecs.com.

I spent Sunday at the Alameda Antique/Estate flea market at the old Navy base down by the SF bay. This is a primo event the first Sunday of each month, and well worth spending an entire day. I arrived at 8:45 a.m. and walked for 7 hours up and down each row, looking at so many wonderful and unusual things that the vendors had for sale.

I finally lifted my head up at 3:30 and realized that vendors were starting to pack up and that it was time for me to make one last fly by to my favorite vendors to make any last-minute purchases. I scored some wonderful pieces that will be incorporated into one of a kind jewelry designs, which will also appear on my website soon.

A wonderful weekend for me. Nice weather, met great people and artists, and got in some walking and warm sun too! Plus, I enjoyed the time by myself, not having anyone saying "are you ready to go yet?", or "I'm bored", etc. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment