Sunday, May 15, 2011

Summer Is Almost Here!



Hi. I've been remiss in keeping my blog up to date. Between e-mails, website and Facebook, there is so much to maintain. I apologize.



I've been spending most of my weekends during the past several months working in my studio on new jewelry designs which you can see on my website. I love going to flea markets and looking for vintage jewelry pieces that I can use in my designs. It's like being on a treasure hunt and when you find something you like, it's exciting! The thrill of the hunt, I guess!



Summer is almost here and I'm looking forward to nice sunny weather so I can spend time outdoors riding my bicycle, running, taking walks and just enjoying outdoor time. Sometimes I will sit at the picnic table in our backyard and read a good book or make a jewelry piece. I get inspired by nature, watching birds and flowers. The colors of the flowers give me ideas on how to mix stone colors into my jewelry designs.



This is a new design made from a 1970's hair clip which is a recent flea market find! I simply bent the clip slightly to form into the shape of a wrist and added antique silver chain. The amethyst stone is soft and soothing. It's a one-of-a-kind piece, like many of my designs.
New items are added to my website often, so please check often so you don't miss anything. You can also contact me on Facebook if you have a special request.



Until next time, take care.




























No comments:

Post a Comment